New and Debut: Nora Phoenix

00:00


My guest today is debut author Nora Phoenix. Her first m/m romance, No Filter was just released and it's the first book in a series of three. Read a short interview introducing the author and her book. 


Meet Nora

1. Tell us about yourself and why did you decide to become a romance writer?
I grew up around books, since both my parents were voracious readers. There were books everywhere in our house, and that’s where my love for stories started. Plus, my mom was an amazing storyteller. I started writing stories as a teen. If I look back now on those stories, they’re adorable and filled with teen angst, but they brought me so much joy. After that, I never really stopped. It did take a long time for me to take my writing seriously, though. Last year, I decided that I wanted noting more than to pursue my dream to become a romance author, and I fully dedicated myself to writing. I’ve been many things in my life, and have had various jobs, but there’s nothing I love doing more than writing, especially romances. They make me so happy.

2. Can you share some of your favourite books and authors?
I write MM romances, and I got into that genre through the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R Ward. I loved that series, but one of the books (Lover at Last) was an MM )male-male romance, as opposed to MF, male-female), and I loved it so much, that I started looking for more MM romances. That’s when I discovered that whole genre, and something clicked. My favorite MM books have somewhat broken characters, a lot of emotion, steamy sex, and I do appreciate a little kink, haha. I read tons of MM romances, so it’s hard to pick one book or author, but some of my favorites are the Red Dirt Heart series by N.R. Walker and anything by Devon McCormack and Riley Hart. Some recent releases I really loved were Damage Control by Lynn van Dorn and The Rules by Jamie Fessenden.

3. Who/what do you consider your writing influence/inspiration?
Phew, that’s a tough one. My style is commercial, I’d say. I’m not a fan of a writing style that’s highly literary, though I can certainly appreciate the beauty of that writing. It’s just not my thing. I prefer simple, straight-forward writing that gets across what you want to say. My influences are whatever I read, which ranges from tons of MM romances to a lot of popular science/psychology, history, biographies, and more. Anything I read can inspire me for a plot, a character, or even a setting. My No Shame series is set near Albany, NY, where I live, but also in Boston, a city I’ve come to love from visiting a few times.


4. What kind of stories can the readers expect from you (contemporary/historical/sci-fi, adult/NA/YA, etc)?
My stories are steamy MM, as I call it, but with a strong emotional plot and characters. I absolutely love this genre, and I don’t see myself moving out of it anytime soon. Other than that, I like to flirt with different tropes, and turn them a bit upside down. I guess my stories are unconventional, different. That may not be to everyone’s liking, but I can live with that. It’s what the boys in my head come up with!

5. Please, introduce your latest/upcoming release.
My first MM romance was released on October 26th. It’s called No Filter, and it’s the story of Indy, a man on the run from his mobster ex. He’s determined to stay under the radar to prevent his ex from finding him, but then he meets Noah and his best-friend-with-benefits Josh, and then it’s not so easy for Indy to run anymore. It’s the first book in the No Shame series, which will consist of four books, all released a month apart, and it’s not a stand-alone novel. There’s a happy-for-now at the end, but Indy’s troubles are far from over, and won’t be fully solved until the last book. Every book in the series will feature a new couple, as well as continue Indy’s story. As I said, No Filter is a little different because it’s not a ménage, yet flirts with that trope, but everything will work towards a big happy ever after, I promise!

Book Title: No Filter (No Shame Series Book 1)

Author: Nora Phoenix

Release date: October 26, 2017

Cover Design: Sloan Johnson (Sloan J Design)



Blurb

Indy will do anything to prevent his mobster ex from finding him. Their last encounter left Indy recovering for months in the hospital, and ever since he’s become an expert at hiding in plain sight. Determined to stay under the radar, he takes on a new identity and moves from place to place. His life has no room for friendships, let alone love, so he keeps his heart firmly closed. After all, he has nothing to offer but a damaged body and a broken soul. Plus, he’s so done with men. Until he meets the man who breaks through all his defenses.

Former Army Medic Noah came back damaged from his last tourin more than one way. Between supporting his best friend-with-benefits Josh who’s struggling with PTSD, dealing with his own issues, and the stress of his job as a physician assistant, rebuilding his life seems impossible. There's little time for what Noah needs, let alone for what he wants. When he meets Indy, Noah discovers what he wants more than anything: for Indy to stay. But how will a relationship with Indy work when Noah needs Josh as well?

Indy never expected the strong, confident Noah to be as damaged and broken as himself. But what will happen if he starts letting Noah in? Indy knows he should run to protect Noah and Josh. 

Noah needs Indy to stay more than anything. But will what little he has to offer be enough to make Indy trust him and stay? 


No Filter is a steamy M/M romance featuring an open relationship (no cheating!) that ends with a HFN, but with the promise of a HEA. It’s the first book in the No Shame Series, and is not a stand-alone novel. It contains hot sex, a hint of a ménage, lots of talk about hot sex, flashbacks of said hot sex, and…Oh well, you get the idea. Also: trigger warning for mentions of sexual abuse.


Author Bio and Links

When she was a little tot, Nora’s mom got a library subscription for her. That, as they say, was that, and a lifelong love for books was born. Nora never stopped reading and doesn’t exaggerate when she says she devours books, rather than plain reads them. She started writing stories as soon as she could hold a pen, and wrote her first full book as a teen (on a typewriter!). It took her waaaay too long to follow her dream to become a romance author. 

Nora writes M/M romance, because hello, sexy boys, and likes her men flawed, strong, and a tad broken. She appreciates a little kink, but insists on a happy ever after.

Come hang out with Nora in her Facebook group Nora’s Nook where she shares previews, sneak peeks, freebies, and much more: 

To stay up-to-date with new releases from Nora sign up for Nora’s newsletter here: http://www.noraphoenix.com/newsletter/

You can also stalk her on Twitter: @NoraFromBHR

You can contact Nora through nora@noraphoenix.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images