New and Debut: Eli Lang

00:00

Here is my first New and Debut post for 2017 and I'm very excited for you to meet a friend of mine and upcoming author, Eli Lang, whose debut novel, Half, will be released next month by Riptide publishing



Meet Eli 


1. Tell us about yourself and why did you decide to become a romance writer?

I’m interested in the relationships and bonds people form. In families, between friends—and of course, in romance and love. Writing about all the different ways that people connect is fascinating for me, and fun. I like figuring out how people get together and fall in and out of love.

2. Can you share some of your favourite books and authors?

Oh, gosh. There’s so many and I’m going to end up forgetting something. Anything by Alexis Hall, KJ Charles, Chris Scully, Harper Fox, Avon Gale, Kris Ripper... For books that are more fantasy, I’m a huge Patricia A. McKillip fan, especially her book The Cygnet and the Firebird. I love Naomi Novik, Guy Gavriel Kay and Emma Bull (her book Finder is one of my all-time favorites.) Andrew Smith and S.E. Hinton on the YA end of things. I love Karin Lowachee’s sci-fi series starting with Warchild. And W.A. Hoffman’s Raised By Wolves series has had a huge impact on me.

3. Who/what do you consider your writing influence/inspiration?

Definitely everyone I listed above, and all of the authors I love. Reading amazing books makes me want to write more, and write better. I also get a lot of inspiration from listening to music. I like to listen to lyrics and try to build stories out of them. Manga and anime also had a big influence on how I tell stories, how I build plot and relationships.

I’ve also been lucky enough to meet a lot of amazing people in and around the writing community, and I think their thoughts and what I’ve learned from them has had a huge influence on me and how I write.

4. What kind of stories can the readers expect from you (contemporary/historical/sci-fi, adult/NA/YA, etc)?

I’m really open to writing anything—I like to read in a lot of different genres, so I’d like to try writing in a lot of different genres, too. But mostly I’m drawn to writing romantic adult/NA fantasy and sci-fi. Some contemporary stories might also sneak in.

5. Please, introduce your upcoming release.

My first book, Half, is coming out with Riptide Publishing in February. It’s a romantic contemporary fantasy. You can read the first chapter from the book on the publisher's site

Blurb

Living between worlds has never been comfortable, but it’s where I’ve always fit: between human and fey, illness and health, magic and reality.

I’ve spent the last six years looking for a cure for the nameless sickness eating me up. If I believed there was one out there, I would keep searching. But there isn’t, so I’ve come back home, where my past and present tangle. Come home to live . . . and to die.

But my father insists I meet Kin. He’s a healer, and determined to help, even though I’m not so hopeful anymore. But Kin isn’t what I expected, in any way. He sees me, not my illness. He reminds me of what it’s like to be alive. And I can’t help falling for him, even though I know it isn’t fair to either of us.

Kin thinks he has the cure I’ve been looking for, but it’s a cure that will change everything: me, my life, my heart. If I refuse, I could lose Kin. But if I take it, I might lose myself.

Preorder from Riptide 


Author Bio and Links

Eli Lang is a writer, drummer, and origami enthusiast. She lives in Arizona with too many pets and too many books.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images